Is your business active on Twitter? If yes, you need to ensure that you take a maximum advantage of the platform. If not, you need to amend your social media strategy a bit to incorporate Twitter in it.
Why is Twitter for business important?
Twitter has tremendous possibility to create a splendid and authoritative brand identity among your followers. If done rightly, Twitter can bring good and relevant traffic to your website too.
For businesses, Twitter can be a powerful relationship manager. It can act as relationship building or work as customer service tool.
Through sharing great content to Twitter can also drive an flow of traffic to your website. It also gives you an opportunity to convert visitors into leads and those leads into customers.
Have a look on some statistics and facts that will help you to believe that Twitter is for business, too:
- Twitter has 330 millions of monthly active users.
- Till today a total of 1.3 billion accounts have been created.
- 80% of active Twitter users access the site through mobile.
- Around 65% of US companies with more than 100 employees use Twitter for marketing purpose.
- 58% of top brands have more than 100,00 followers on Twitter.
From the above numeric data, it’s crystal clear that a ton of people are spending more time on Twitter. Thus, with such an active user base, you would have the potential market for your products or business and that too for free!
To know more about the business facts:
- More than 77% of top 100 companies are using Twitter as marketing platform.
- 70% of small business owners are using Twitter.
- According to one research, from the last two years there has been approx 663% growth in user asking for business recommendations.
Also, according to HubSpot data, over 65% of businesses say that generating traffic and business leads are most challenging when marketing comes in the picture.
so, to overcome these problems, you can take a help from Twitter. To know more please look depicted image of HubSpot that stated about businesses top marketing challenges.
Thus, these show that there is a direct correlation between Twitter and sales. so, if you’re not active on Twitter, this is the good reason to start with Twitter and get more traffic.
Now, what else you can do with the Twitter for business?
- Aside from customer service and lead generation you can also monitor and interact with people who are talking about your company or same industry and competitors.
- If you’re planning to launch a now product or scheme, you can create buzz on Twitter to promote your company.
- Through Twitter you can develop direct relationships with bloggers and public relation officers for potential PR placement.
Finding how to grow business with Twitter?
To define this statement, there are many great reasons that your brand should have an active Twitter account.
To set an active Twitter presence:
- You need to define the goal: to promote your business, don’t forget to set number of followers for particular period of time.
- You need to measure the goal: once the goal is defining, you need to manage your Twitter feed in a logical way.
If your goal is to generate lead, it’s not compulsory to link your every tweet with the landing page. Because some tweets need to be most focus on community engagement.
Have a look at a few samples of Twitter goals that should be common goal for every business:
- Brand awareness and this should be measured by number of followers and reach.
- Brand Engagement, that should be calculated by replies and no. of shared posts.
- Mentions can be measured by community engagement.
Afterwords, once you’ve identified your goals, you can choose your specific executes for each tweet. These could be such things like keeping your response rate above a certain percentage to generate a few numbers of leads from Twitter.
However, you need to take care of one thing that you would fix a deadline for each goal. These goal can be monthly, quarterly, or weekly.
By fixing track record, you can easily track goals through Google Analytics.
Now that, you’re done with your business goals and its tracking, now, have a look at the ways to use Twitter to get more traffic and potential sales.
Ways to use Twitter for business and to grow business, traffic and sales:
1. Build your Twitter followers
When you’ve more followers, the more your business can grow. If your Twitter followers are engaged and nicely targeted, they can be beneficial for your business.
To build more targeted followers, you can select keywords to target. By putting keywords to your promotional tweets, there are chances to increase in more engagement and clicks that can be through to your website.
2. It’s better to identify influencers
Taking a help from the social media influencers is in trend. There are many reasons behind this. Because when you engage with influencers, you can create more opportunity to gain more followers and more traffic to your website.
For instance: if somebody influencer in your business field, he/she already has the audience you want. So, building better relationship with his/her may bring fruitful results and potential clients.
3. To manage your contacts, you can use Twitter list
To gain more traffic, it’s a universal truth that you are going to follow more people in Twitter. So by this, your timeline might feel overwhelming.
Along with this, you also want to keep track of whose tweets you don’t want to miss. With Twitter’s best features, you can add them to a Twitter list with your main timeline.
You can also make these list public or private, too.
To find lists created by other people, follow a few easy tips:
- When you are looking to an influencer’s profile, you can directly click through to see public lists if they’ve built it as public interface.
- You can also look more closely at the Twitter lists that you’ve been added to over the years.
4. Use of right hashtags
You would surprise to know that tweets containing 1 or 2 hashtags have 21% higher engagement than those has 3 or more than that.
By putting more than 3 hashtags is really a bad idea. You have to be careful enough to narrow down your hashtag choice to 1 or 2 per tweet.
If you don’t use any hashtags, this is the right time to start with 1 or 2 hashtags for your business. Because hashtags are the great for visibility and getting your tweets in front of more audience.
5. Research your competitor’s profile
It is one of the smartest ways to know more about what your competitors are doing. You can get ideas about what competitors do to engaging with on Twitter.
You can check their contact list and follow their tweeting style. However, make sure that you don’t copy their style directly. Because fake style or idea has no more space on the social media.
Twitter and other social media
Twitter is different from other social media platforms. Because Twitter is more open and it is asymmetric. Traditional social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube are more restricted to people whom you already know and their information, updates are less desirable.
On other hand, Twitter allow you to build open and lucky relationships with new people around the world.
Let’s understand at how many ways Twitter is unique from other social media platforms:
- Facebook: Facebook filters the every follower’s feed according to its algorithms. However, Twitter shows every tweet to the particular account followers.
- Pinterest: Pinterest allows comment feature on the shared image. However, Twitter allows easier way of conversation around the shared image.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn only allows free users to send direct massage after two-way agreements. However, Twitter allows to send direct massage when the other user is open for it.
- YouTube: YouTube allows user to share message with video only. However, Twitter allows to tweet with or without a video.
I hope now you have a better idea about how to use Twitter to grow your business and its traffic, sales. All the Twitter tips will help you to make your way better and it may increase the profitability of your brand.
By considering this article you will also boost your follower numbers and might be increase in target audiences. However, first and foremost thing to only focus your action on Twitter activities that will produce results for your business.
Subscribe to newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get access to our news and resources. Your email will be safe. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Machine Learning and Search: Doing SEO When the Future Is Now
- Don’t Let Your Rebranding Destroy Your SEO
- The Complete Guide to Blogging for your Business
- Think Like Your Customers to Get the Right Keywords
- 10 Marketing Lessons from Apple[Infographic]
- 3 Key Digital Marketing Tactics To Increase Conversion Rate Faster[Infographic]
- How To Grow Business With Twitter
- How to Stop Burning Your AdWords Budget